I began photographing a long time ago as a hobby. Not even really as a hobby—more like a way to capture friends doing things. I really had no idea what I was doing. I just know I liked to take pictures.
Eventually I liked it enough to get a digital point and shoot. From there I moved to a digital SLR and then got into film again. Full circle photography. Now I shoot both digital and film with the following cameras:
- Holga 120GN (Analogue medium format)
- Kiev 3A (Analogue 35mm)
- Nikon D60 (Digital DX format)
- Nikon F3 (Analogue 35mm)
- Nikon FM3A (Analogue 35mm)
- Olympus XA2 (Analogue 35mm)
- Yashicamat 124G (Analogue medium format)
- Yashica ME-1 (Analogue 35mm)
- Yashica Samurai X3.0 (Analogue 35mm half-frame)
Although I also have an iPhone I don’t fully consider that a camera. Yes it takes photos (and pretty good ones at that), but I just can’t call it a camera for some reason.
My lenses for my Nikons are as follows:
- Nikon Nikor 24-70mm f2.8G ED
- Nikon Nikor 35mm f1.8G DX
- Nikon Nikor 50mm f1.8
- Nikon Nikor 28mm f2.8 E Series
- Nikon Nikor 100mm f2.8 E Series
I currently do photography mostly as a hobby, but I occasionally get paid for doing it. I don’t mind when I do either. So if you want me to take some photos of/for you contact me at cliff[at]cliffdavidson[dot]ca.
Oh and don’t forget to check out my photo galleries